Sunday, November 27, 2005

Why TV is better than books

Obviously, I was raised to believe that TV is bad, that it will rot the brain of a young and tender boy if watched just enough, and that it represents the lowest common denominator of human culture. It was only later in life, after I had emerged from my cocoon a newly blossomed and beautiful moth, that I discovered the true virtues of television and its all-knowing and loving glow. If you don't believe me, check out what's in store for next year's network lineup. I mean, that's ridiculous. It's so ridiculous that it could only be great art, and EVERYONE'S gonna see it. Who the hell doesn't watch TV? Maybe pedophiles and some college professors. I look forward to water cooler chit chat au sujet de the latest episode of "Resistance" starring Jeremy Pivin as Colonel Ramrod, the office clerk turned post-apocalyptic general and all-powerful leader of the democratic Blue States in their final battle with the rogue republican Red States. It should be some good and well needed social commentary. Remember, this country could and very well still may fall apart at any minute. Luckily, as long as there is McDonalds, that can't happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home